Saturday 25 June 2016

ANTI-GRAVITY YOGA

Ive been going to Anti-gravity Yoga also know as Aerial Yoga all in all for about 6 months and I love it! I really wanted to exercise more as I started driving last year and was feeling the difference in my
level of fitness. I hate jogging and exercising from home, I find it so boring and I just cant seem to force myself to do it but growing up doing dance classes here there and everywhere I liked the idea of exercise classes. 

Originally I looked into pole fitness classes and that's when I found My Gravity Fitness, they do pole, aerial hoop, aerial yoga and other fitness classes. The classes sounded super interesting so I signed straight up. 

Anti gravity yoga is now one of my favourite exercise classes ever! Using a hammock you are able to do yoga poses in the air, upside down or use it to help with poses on the ground. Not only is anti gravity yoga a interesting and fun way to exercise it comes with a bunch of overall health benefits scroll down to find out what they are ...
Here are some benefits of antigravity yoga listed on the My Gravity Fitness website:
  • Zero compression inversions
  • Circulatory and lymphatic system refresh
  • Stimulating the release of neurotransmitters from the brain.
  • Decompression of spine through gentle traction
  • Hydration of vertebral disks.
  • Increased muscular flexibility
  • Core strengthening
  • Upper and lower body muscular strengthening
  • Increased kinesthetic awareness; Fine-tuning balance & agility
  • More astute proprioceptor (sensory receptors) response
  • Increased joint mobility
  • Low impact cardiovascular conditioning.
  • Increased command/response acuity.
  • Greater cerebellum function
  • Increased Neuromuscular plasticity.
  • Hormone stimulation.
  • Self-esteem enhancement through conquering basic fears.
  • More astute presence through mindful consciousness conditioning.
  • Learning of new skills: A creative and artistic fitness experience.
  • Uniquely fun experience that works risible muscles as well as functional muscles.

Anti-gravity yoga is a total body workout almost all body parts are used to move and stretch, your muscles are toned and redefined and your joints are regenerated and strengthened.Yoga is also a great way to de-stress and clear your mind.

My Experience
In my first lesson of anti-gravity yoga I was told that I may feel dizzy and light headed from the inversions (hanging upside down) as my body is not used to it and that this is normal. This was never really a problem for me I think I got head rush like twice from swinging back up to quick but hey I get head rush getting up off the sofa! haha

Hanging upside down can feel a little strange the first few times but you can pull your self up at any moment and go at your own pace, no need to feel the pressure of the other people in the class! This is something I soon got used to and now feels totally normal.

Some of the moves can look daunting and feel scary when first trying them but they're are so surprisingly less scary than they look! The hammock makes you feel secure in every move. I remember being really scared to roll forward out of a move in the air and when I did it I couldn't believe how un-scary it was (yes i am making up my own words) and I felt a real sense of achievement, I just wanted to do it again and again.

At the beginning and end of each class you lie in your hammock and the person teaching the class will gently give you a push and get your hammock swinging, this is where you wind down for the class and relax after the class. When I first did this in my first anti-gravity yoga class I was amazed it was sooo relaxing much more so than lying on the floor in a regular yoga class!

All in all I love anti-gravity yoga and I thought its a really cool thing to share with you guys! So how many of you will I be seeing next week? haha

Heres a video of some of the things we get up to in anti-gravity yoga

You can check out My Gravity Fitness on facebook here 

If your into yoga you need to give aerial yoga a try I guarantee you'll love it.

Have you heard on anti-gravity yoga before?
Would you try anti-gravity yoga?





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ROBYN SAMANTHA | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig